The Beats by Dre brand is, by far, the most recognized brand in the world of electronics as well as the music industry today.
You literary wouldn’t show me one person who has never heard of beats by Dre headphones. Though they have not been around for a long time, their market share in the short space they have been around we can all agree that they are fast becoming a household name.
The headphones come with great quality and most of them are perfect for studio usage, which is inspired by our one and only. Thanks to Dr. Dre, the greatest producer of all time, for creating such a great brand.
In this article, we will be looking at the top 10 best headphones by Dr. Dre. First, let’s look at the top picks.
The Beats By Dre Top Headphone Picks:
- Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphones
- Beats Solo 2.0 Wired On-Ear Headphones
- Beats Executive Over-Ear Headphones
- Beats Solo HD
- Powerbeats 2
- Beats urBeats (Second Generation)
- Beats by Dr. Dre Remastered Studio Headphones
- Beats by Dr. Dre urBeats SE Headphones
- Beats Studio Over-the-Ear Headphones with Accessory Pack
- Original urBeats by Dr. Dre
Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphones
Not your obvious choice, but beats studio over-ear headphones is a masterclass of the Beats by Dre headphone range. No wonder that this headphone set is the first on our list, and for anyone looking for a good pair of studio headphones, the Beats Studio Over-ear headphones are an excellent choice. What impresses me about this headphone model is the adaptive noise cancellation properties it comes with.
These respond to the changes in the noise around your immediate environment and work to actively adjust volume to give you a great undistorted music experience.
In some headphones, the noise cancellation properties end up affecting the quality of what you are listening to. These beats studio headphones, however, will not take away your music experience. If anything, it will add to it.
This is the distinctive feature that makes these one of the best beats studio headphones out there. Also, you will find them in eight different color combinations.
Beats Studio3 Wireless Over-Ear Headphones - The Beats Decade Collection - Defiant Black-Red (Latest Model)
$271.59 in stock
- High-performance wireless noise cancelling headphones
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices.
- Pure adaptive noise canceling (pure ANC) actively blocks external noise
- Real-time Audio calibration preserves a Premium listening experience
- Up to 22 hours of battery life enables full-featured all-day wireless playback
- [ALSO READ… Best Noise-canceling headphones for the gym ]
- Grado sr125e Vs sr80e – A Complete Comparison Guide For Grado SR125e Headphones Vs Grado SR80e.
- SEINNHEISER HD 4.50 BTNC VS SONY WH 1000XM3
2. Beats Solo 2.0 Wired On-Ear Headphones
The Beats Solo is one of the most loved and the most popular beats headphones that you can find.
Since the brand released this model, the Beats Solo 2.0 continue to be increasing in popularity and demand around the globe.
These headphones are quite different from most of the beats headphones that I am used to. They were built with an enhanced noise isolation technology.
This this advanced tech, they have taken audio quality to a whole new level. The ergonomics of the headphones that improved and the headphones have an overall glossier finish that will draw even more attention no matter which of the many vibrant colors customers choose to purchase. That being said, they come in various colors.
Beats Solo Pro Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear Headphones - Apple H1 Headphone Chip, Class 1 Bluetooth, Active Noise Cancelling, Transparency, 22 Hours Of Listening Time - Ivory
$149.00 in stock
2 used from $188.29
- Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) blocks external noise
- Up to 22 hours of listening time (up to 40 hours with ANC and transparency turned off)
- Features the Apple H1 Headphone Chip and Class 1 Bluetooth for extended range and fewer dropouts
- Compatible with iOS and Android
- Built-in microphone allows hands-free controls via “Hey Siri” on iOS devices, and voice capability with the push of the b button on a variety of compatible devices
3. Beats Executive Over-Ear Headphones
The Executive Over-ear headphones are probably one of the most durable of all beats headphones. This can be seen from the brushed aluminum materials that cover most of its exterior side.
If you buy these headphones, I can guarantee that you will not be requesting new headphones any time soon.
On top of this design, they are foldable and come with a pouch in which you can put them for safekeeping when you are not using them.
However, all these high-end features come at a price. These beats Executive headphones are one of the most expensive headphones manufactured by beats, but if you can afford them, you will find out that they are worth it.
One thing that makes these headphones stand out is its customizable controls, particularly the EQ with a remote control.
Also, these headphones come with the noise reduction technology, making them ideal for when you are travelling.
Beats by Dr. Dre EP On-Ear Headphones - Black (Renewed)
- ENTER PREMIUM SOUND: Beats EP on-ear headphone delivers masterfully tuned sound the way it was meant to be heard. Powered by fine-tuned acoustics for incredible clarity, breadth and balance, it is the ideal introduction to Beats for any music lover
- BUILT FOR LIFE: Beats EP is tough, lightweight and comfortable. Its durable frame is reinforced with stainless steel and adjustable vertical sliders allow for personalized comfort. Designed for everyday use
- GRAB-AND-GO: Beats EP is made to go everywhere you do. Its battery-free design offers unlimited playback and hassle-free fixed cable lets you focus on the music. Just grab and go
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX: Beats EP Wired On-Ear Headphone | (NOT Included: microUSB Cable and Remote Talk Cable)
4. Beats Solo HD
The beats Solo HD are, by far, the most advanced beats headphones and as such, they continue to rise in demand.
These headphones are mostly loved by a lot of people because of the amount of controls that you have over your smart phone.
The feature that makes the beats Solo HD stand out the most is that these models come with a remote control.
With this remote, you are able to answer as well as end calls, play and pause your music at any time. Basically, your smartphone will remain in your pocket while the Beats solo does everything.
These headphones come with two separate speakers in each can, giving listeners richer base and more enjoyable highs., these headphones can change, pause and play tracks, answer and end calls, and control virtually every aspect of the listening experience without touching a smartphone, iPod or other device.
Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones - Apple W1 Headphone Chip, Class 1 Bluetooth, 40 Hours Of Listening Time - Satin Silver (Latest Model)
- High-performance wireless Bluetooth headphones in satin silver
- Features the Apple W1 chip and Class 1 wireless Bluetooth connectivity
- With up to 40 hours of battery life, Beats Solo3 wireless is your perfect everyday headphone
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices
- With Fast Fuel, 5 minutes of charging gives you 3 hours of playback when battery is low
5. Powerbeats 2
If I would categorize these headphones, I would honestly say that they fall among one of the most portable beats headphones in the market. How?
These days, a lot headphones brands have switched from the wired models to wireless headphones that use the modern Bluetooth technology and the power beats are no exception. This further makes them portable by eliminating the cables.
Most people has problems with the previous version and they stated that the headphones would easily fall off. To tackle that problems, beats came up with headphones that have an over-ear clip that holds everything in place during vigorous workouts, runs, or the chaos of mass transit.
Powerbeats2 Wireless In-Ear Headphone, Active Collection - Flash Blue (Old Model) (Renewed)
- Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Pair and play with your Bluetooth device with 30 foot range
- 6 hour rechargeable battery
- Sweat and water resistant
- Take hands-free calls and adjust music with no-slip-grip RemoteTalk control
6. Beats urBeats (Second Generation)
A retooled set of urBeats headphones offers a larger number of color variations, clearer sound produced by a slightly larger driver, and a more intuitive remote control that can skip, play, pause, rewind, or fast-forward tracks.
The control can also be used with a smartphone to answer and end phone calls on the go. With a sweat-resistant earbud design and a plug that’s described by actual users are significantly more durable, these headphones are an excellent upgrade from the original.
urBeats In-Ear Headphones - Black (Renewed)
- Solid metal housing: Precision-machined single-billet metal housing prevents vibrations & unwelcome sound from tainting your listening experience. Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Designed for music lovers who don't sacrifice sound for style, urBeats deliver pure audio in an ultra-lightweight, colorful package
- Built-in mic for calls: Switch easily between songs and incoming calls, no need to take off your headphones or talk into the phone like a walkie-talkie
- Grid-iron tough: Whether you keep urBeats pristine or throw them in and out of your bag
7. Beats by Dr. Dre Remastered Studio Headphones
In case you didn’t know, the Remastered Studio headphones came as an upgrade to the original Beats Studio lineup. Which means that these remastered studio headphones will automatically have the same features, and more.
These upgraded models feature a slimmer profile, are about 13 percent less in terms of weight, and the have an additional feature of the RemoteTalk control system for smartphone as well as audio adjustments (volumes, change songs and pause/play buttons).
While the old original beats have the Adaptive noise cancellation feature, the noise cancellation in the Remastered headphones tend to be more advanced- almost silencing every sound around you so you can enjoy your music.
Beats by Dr. Dre Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones (Silver) - Kit with USB Adapter Cube
- Includes Beats Solo 3 Headphones (Silver), Case, 2x Universal USB Wall Adapter Cubes, Cleaning Cloth
- Beats Solo3 Wireless headphones are easy to set up - just power on and hold near your iPhone - then simultaneously connect to your Watch, iPad, and Mac
- Beats Solo3 Wireless delivers up to 40 hours of battery driven the W1 chip | Take calls, control your music and activate Siri with the multifunction on-ear controls
- The comfort-cushion ear cups buffer outside noise for immersive sound, so you can experience music the way it was meant to be heard
8. Beats by Dr. Dre urBeats SE Headphones
In out eighth place, the Beats by Dre SE headphones are not necessarily over-the ear headphones like the others. Instead, they are ear buds. They are not just any ear buds though, they came as upgrade of the conventional urBeats ear buds, meaning that they have a better overall performance.
Now, I know what you must be thinking. “How can you include ear buds in the headphones’ top 10 list?”
Well, I have a simple explanation on that. They are probably the most unique ear buds that have high end characteristics which makes them match a lot of over-the-ear headphones, in terms of their modern features.
High-end aluminum materials encase the drivers, which are slightly larger and upgraded so that they can deliver even deeper bass, clearer mids, and recognizable highs.
And the best part? These ear buds come with a remote control that allows you to adjust volume, playback, and phone calls.
Beats Urbeats3 Earphones with Lightning Connector - Black (Renewed)
- Designed for music lovers who strive for the ultimate combination of sound and style, urBeats deliver pure audio in an ultra-lightweight and durable package
- The solid metal housing is durable and comes in a variety of colors to match your personal style
- Switch easily between songs and incoming calls. No need to take off your earphones or talk into the phone like a walkie-talkie
- The urBeats cable is ultra-flexible and tangle-free so you can focus on the music. Compatibility: iphone models(5, 5c, 5s, SE, 6, 6 plus, 6s, 6s plus, 7, 7 plus, 8, 8 plus, X), ipad models( 4th generation, Air, Air 2, mini 2, mini 3, mini 4, ipad, ipad pro [9.7 inch, 12.9 inch 1st generation, 12.9 2nd generation, 10.5 inch])
9. Beats Studio Over-the-Ear Headphones with Accessory Pack
These particular headphones come with some great features and specifications. Also, upon purchase, you will get an all-in-one accessory pack- I mean, what deal other deal would be better than this one?
The studio over-the ear models are renowned for their output frequency. They bring a sound quality that tends to balance out the low, highs and the mids, which is what makes them excellent studio headphones.
Also, studio headphones are supposed to have the noise cancellation technology, especially studio headphones. In this case the Beats Studio over-the-head headphones are no exception to the rule.
With their noise reduction properties, they will very easily isolate you and allow you to a well-balanced music output.
As of the contents of the accessory pack, you will be given a 10-foot extension cable that allows much more freedom of movement when the headphones are connected to a 3.5mm headphone jack. Besides that, you have an extra battery pack that can be used for recharging in case the old one runs out.
Powerbeats Pro Wireless Earphones - Apple H1 Headphone Chip, Class 1 Bluetooth, 9 Hours Of Listening Time, Sweat Resistant Earbuds - Navy
$149.95 in stock
10 used from $131.96
- Up to 9 hours of listening time (more than 24 hours with charge case)
- Adjustable, secure-fit ear hooks for lightweight comfort, stability
- Reinforced design for sweat and water resistance during tough workouts and running
- Protect your Beats with AppleCare+ - Add AppleCare+ to your order and receive accidental damage protection and 24/7 priority tech support from the people who know your headphones best
- Features the Apple H1 headphone chip and Class 1 Bluetooth for extended range and fewer dropouts
10. Original urBeats by Dr. Dre
Out final headphones on this top 10 list are the Original Urbeats by Dr. Dre. These headphones are well known for their high quality output as well as a powerful performance.
Thanks to the soft rubber that cover the ear to get gr4ipip, this is one of the most comfortable models on this list, which supports long listening times.
On top of this, the noise cancellations enables which is very easy to use, allows you to enjoy an uninterrupted music experience. Also, while the Beats Solo 2.0 headphones are great for listening to music while relaxing at home, they were originally designed to be versatile headphones- so you can use them regardless of where you are without worrying about quality changes.
A unique earbud design allows these in-ear headphones to stay lodged in the ear while walking, running, even when you are working out at the gym.
Beats by Dr dre Powerbeats2 Wireless In-Ear Bluetooth Headphone with Mic - Black (Renewed)
- TAKE YOUR WORKOUT ANYWHERE: Beats powerbeats2 bluetooth wireless headphones can connect upto 30 feet range to your bluetooth enabled devices. Its adjustable long wrap around cable lets you to move freely, take hand free calls and adjust music with no-slip grip remote talk controls.
- SWEAT RESISTANT & COMPACT DESIGN: Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless Earphone is IPX4 sweat and water-resistant from the earbud to the tangle-free cable wrap around cable. It's designed with a flexible ear hook, providing a comfortable and secure fit.
- DESIGNED TO PERFORM: With powerful Bass response, these noise cancelling headphones delivers unrivalled clarity, depth and balance. It does not distort even at top volumes. Perfect for rigorous indoor and outdoor workout conditions.
- FULL OF ENERGY: Sturdy in-built rechargeable battery provides upto 6 hours of playback. A 15-minute quick charge delivers an extra hour of non-stop playback. Wireless headphones for iphone, compatibile to all Bluetooth Devices (IOS,Mac,Ipad & Andriod)
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX: Beats Powerbeats 2 Wireless | Micro USB Cable | Three pair of ear tip fittings | Cable Management Clip (NOTE: The device comes packaged in a brown box from the manufacturer)