Marantz SR8012 and Yamaha Aventage RX A3080 are the epitomai of audio-video receivers, so in this article, I am comparing the Marantz sr8012 to Yamaha Aventage RX- a3080. Finding the right receiver to purchase can be a bit daunting especially when you have to overcome the fear of ending up choosing an AVR that does not fulfill your need.
As you are on this page, it can only mean that you are wondering which one is better for you between the Marantz sr8012 to Yamaha Aventage Rx- a3080?
Marantz SR8012 is the best AVR as it offers far more channel options with 11 channels it comes with while the Yamaha Aventage RX-A3080 offer far less channel options with the 9 channel amplifiers it comes with. Though the Marantz SR8012 has more channels, it delivers 140 W (8 Ω, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 2 channel driven) while the Yamaha Aventage RX-A3080 delivers a whooping 150 W (8 Ω, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 2 channel driven). Nonetheless, both Marantz SR8012 and the Yamaha Aventage RX A3080 both boasts of a stable performance at 4 Ω load.
I will further delve deeper in the comparison of Marantz sr8012 and Yamaha aventage rx- a3080 and breakdown for you the common strengths and weaknesses as well as the differences in between the Marantz SR8012 and Yamaha Avantege to unvail unique features that make them stand out.
Marantz AV Receiver SR8012 - First-Ever High Performance 11.2 Channel, Auro 3D, IMAX Enhanced, Dolby Surround Sound,...
as of August 29, 2021 3:47 pm
as of August 29, 2021 3:47 pm
- MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR ULTRA HD TV INVESTMENT with the Marantz flagship receiver SR8012, their...
- COMPLEMENT PREMIUM VIDEO WITH THE ULTIMATE CINEMATIC AUDIO EXPERIENCE with 205W per channel high...
- 60 YEARS OF INNOVATION and MARANTZ' RICH HISTORY of designing audio components for its premium...
- 7.2-ch Dolby Atmos, DTS: X (5.2.2-ch) with Zone 2, Cinema DSP HD3, YPAO Sound Optimization...
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay, Spotify Connect and MusicCast multi-room. Works with Amazon Alexa
- Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM Internet Radio, TIDAL, Deezer, Napster and more. Standby Power...
- HDMI with HDCP 2.2 (7-in/3-out): 4K Ultra HD, HDR10, Dolby Vision, Hybrid Log-Gamma and BT.2020
|Country of make||USA|
|Name of manufacturer||Marantz|
|Dimensions||W xh xd)17.3 x 7.3 x 18.1″ / 439.4 x 185.4 x 459.7 mm|
|Weight||17.4 kilograms or 38.4 pounds|
|Country of make||USA|
|Name of manufacturer||Yamaha|
|Dimensions||Wxh xd)435 x 192 x 474 mm (with antenna up: 435 x 269 x 474 mm); 17-1/8” x 7-1/2” x 18-5/8” (with antenna up: 17-1/8” x 10-5/8” x 18-|
|Weight||19.6 kilograms or 43.2 pounds|
The Yamaha Aventage RX A3080 has sleek design and clever housing which includes hidden iputs ompared to Marantz. Nonetheless, both receivers are exceptionally well designed and very similar to each other aesthetically.
On the other hand, Marantz sr8012 is a little different because all of its inputs are right there staring at you, it has got a lot of buttons, inputs and a double screen which is not very impressive, you can not see the circle screen from far away properly and at the same time, it gets you destructed from the other larger screen which is in the middle of its buttons.
The Marantz sr8012 has got 11 channels while the Yamaha Aventage has got only 9 channel amplifiers but don’t judge by the number of channels because the Marantz sr8012 with its 11 channels is less powerful while the latter is much more powerful.
The sr8012 also comes with proprietary hdma modules which can be used in the current feedback topology, its power stands at 1200 which is less for a receiver of its power, it also works with audyssey multeq xt32 as well as lfc audessey which is great on its part because it controls audio contents.
While the Yamaha Aventage RX-a3080 is equipped with a plausible performance for an av receiver that has got only 9 channels, it is very powerful especially its amplifier which is 1350 watts.
Its av receiver is equipped with surround master artificial intelligence technology which is built into the digital signal converter.
It can also analyze the configuration of sound sources and optimize surround sound as well making it as efficient and spectacular as it can ever be possible. On top of that, it comes with the latest HDMI interface which supports HDR and as well as Dolby Vision.
- [ALSO READ… Is Denon better than Yamaha? [A Detailed Comparison Guide For Denon Vs. Yamaha AVR]
- Yamaha 2080 vs Denon 4500 – A Complete Guide To Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A2080 vs Denon AVR-X4500H
The following are the highlights of the models rx-a3080 and sr-8012
- Marantz has got 11.2 channels, 140 watts( 8 Ω, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 2 channel driven), it also has got Dolby Atmos, DTS:x, and it is aura capable
- it also has got HDR10, Dolby vision,4k upscaling,4k passthrough, airplay 2, DLNA and HEOS
- In terms of wireless connectivity, it has got wi-fi, Bluetooth, and ethernet
- it also has got USB and phono inputs
- On the Yamaha side, it has got 9.2 channels,150 watts (8 Ω, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 2 channel driven)
- just like marantz it also has got dolby atmos,dts:x, HDR10, dolby vision,4k upscalling,4k passthrough, airplay 2 via the firmware update of course, and music cast
- On the connectivity side, it has got ethernet, wi-fi, and Bluetooth
- it also has got USB and phono inputs
After evaluating both Marantz sr8012 and Yamaha Aventage RX-a3080, Judging by the specifications the Marantz gets a higher score from our point of view which is only based on the amplifier specs, the audio and the video features, connectivity, its multizone capabilities, the radio it comes with and many other specifications.
The following are the pros and cons, what gives each particular av receiver an added advantage or what makes it more unique from the other one.
Pros And Cons Marantz Sr8012
- All of the well-known dtx and Dolby decoders are built-in which is great because you dont have to deal with a lot of connections and cables.
- its HDMI can be upscalled up to 4k
- it supports a lot of audio formats, it has got 11 channels unlike the latter
- it suports IEEE 802.3
- It is very intresting to test this av receiver so you will probably enjoy using it.
- the downside is that there is no way you can set up
the speaker test tones directly from the remote control.
- does not have an integrated tuner so from another persons point of view it is an av amplifier not an av receiver.
Pros And Cons Yamaha Aventage RX-a3080
- it is compatible with Spotify which is a great plus because it means you can play music directly from Spotify without having many connections.
- it has a menu that is user friendly, anyone can use it, it does not need an intelligent person to use it.
- it is absorlutely reliable as well as durable
- it delivers the sound that is natural as well as immersive despite the kind of entertanment content
- it has got artificial interlligece technology that analyses as well as optimizes it to deliver a sorround effect.
- it has got a setup which is clutter-free that is able to make a special sound environment in a very large room or nonstandard spaces or room.
- this av receiver’s major downside is that it does not have music cast 20 speakers support.
- it does not have Dolby digital EX
- it does not have IMAX Enhanced
- it only has 7 HDMI inputs
The following are the common strengths of Marantz SR8012 and Yamaha Aventage RX-A3080.
|STRENGH||Marantz SR8012||Yamaha Aventage RX-A3080|
|maxinum channel processing||11.2||11.2|
|DSD via HDM||Yes||Yes|
|DSD via USB||Yes||Yes|
|Works with Amazon alexa||Yes||Yes|
|Many hdmi inputs||Yes||Yes|
|Many hdmi outputs||Yes||Yes|
|hybrid log gamma||Yes||Yes|
|Many analog audio line|
|Sirius XM Internet radio||Yes||Yes|
The following are the common weaknesses of Marantz SR8012 and Yamaha Aventage rx-A3080
|Weakness||Marantz SR8012||Yamaha RX A3080|
|No Front Wide||No||No|
|Dolby Atmos Height Virtualisation||No||No|
|No MHL Iput||No||No|
|No Chromecast Built-in||No||No|
|No DTS Play-Fi||No||No|
|Does Not Work with |
The following are the advantages of choosing Marantz sr8012 over the Yamaha rx-a3080.
Marantz sr8012 has got more channels and also it has got a bigger power supply, it supports Auro 3D and IMAX Enhanced and it also has analog multi-channel input.The following are some of the features it has got that yamaha rxa3080 does not have:
- more channels
- dolby digital EX
- DTS virtual
- IMAX enhanced
- Auro 3d with auro matic upmixer
- audyssey dynamic EQ
- audyssey dynamic volume
- audyssey LFC
- zone 2 outs
- color coded speaker
- gold plated rca terminals
- more component video outputs
- more hdmi inputs
- component video maximum resolution
- multi- chanel input
- wider AM frequency range
- front A/V inputs
The following are the advantages of choosing Yamaha rx-a3080 over Marantz sr8012.
Yamaha rx-a3080 has got more power per channel, it also has got higher dac specs,more analog pre outs ,it has more zones and its signal has got a higher signal to noise ratio.
It has a higher DSD sampling rate via USB ,its wi-fi and bluetooth standards are higher and morden, it has got xlr inputs as well as pre-outs.In terms of its video department it supports HDC 2.3 copy protection.
The following are the features it also comes with that the marantz sr8012 does not have:
- DTS neo
- dialogue lift
- high-resolution music enhancer
- xlr inputs
- xlr pre- outs
- more zone (4)
- web control
- higher power output
- higher dsd sampling rate via usb
- newer bluetooth version
- lower fm harmonic distortion
- higher S/N ration