After thorough testing of output and evaluating Marantz SR7013 AVR against the Marantz SR6013 sound quality, ease of connectivity, availability of AVR’s ports, and best Marantz price, we picked the Marantz SR7013 AVR as the best priced and feature-rich home entertainment sound and video receiver system.
Marantz AV Receiver SR7013 - 9.2 Channel with eARC | Auro 3D, IMAX Enhanced, Dolby Surround Sound –125W 3 Zone Power...
as of August 22, 2021 9:25 am
1 used from $1,499.00
as of August 22, 2021 9:25 am
- MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR ULTRA HD TV INVESTMENT - Drive EXCEPTIONAL VISUAL CLARITY with full-rate...
- CREATE THE ULTIMATE CINEMATIC AUDIO EXPERIENCE with 125W per channel - Choose from a standard 9.2...
- Continuing its tradition of DELIVERING EXCEPTIONAL STEREO LISTENING, Marantz hand-picks and...
- Make the Most of Your Ultra HD TV Investment with the Marantz SR6013; Drive EXCEPTIONAL VISUAL...
- COMPLEMENT PREMIUM VIDEO WITH THE ULTIMATE CINEMATIC AUDIO EXPERIENCE with 110W per channel high...
- 60 YEARS OF INNOVATION and MARANTZ' RICH HISTORY of designing audio components for its premium...
Marantz’s sr7013 AVR is a feature-rich AVR that is affordable, easy to pair with smart TVs and other wireless home gadgets like Amazon’s Alexa. Along with their compact size, the Marantz sr7013 makes it easy to install even in small rooms.
So, after comparing the two AVR’s features, our top pick for best priced AVR with excellent sound quality and processing engine is the compact Marantz 7013 AVR.
Though Denon’s AVR4400 and the AVR4500 come with premium features, for anyone looking to purchase a new av receiver , Marantz 6013 and Marantz 7013 make the best option for those of you looking for the best priced AVR.
However, making a choice is always going to be challenging if you but dont know which one to choose?
Seeing as you are on this page it means you cant decide which one is best for you between marantz SR 6013 and marantz SR 7013.
So i am going to make it very easy for you to decide which one to purchase as here on this article i will compare both the av receivers , from their strengths and weaknesses.
What they have in common and what makes the other which i have given a bigger score better than the other one which i have given a lesser score.
Both these flagships have got a lot to offer , from dolby atmos to dts 😡 but lets face it there is always one which comes with better features than the other ,which im sure that is exactly what you are looking for, so lets start with the basic details.
Basic Details For Marantz Sr6013 AVR
Basic Details For Marantz Sr 7013 AVR
|Country of make||:||USA|
|Name of manufacturer||:||Marantz|
|Dimensions||:||(w xh xd ) 17.3 x 9.7 x 16.2″ / 440.0 x 247.0 x 411.0 mm ( with Antenna Up) 17.3 x 7.3 x 16.2″ / 440.0 x 185.0 x 411.0 mm ( with Antenna Down)|
|Type||:||AVR (audio video receiver)|
|Weight||:||31 .1 pounds / 14 ,1 kilograms|
I have taken some time to study both the av receivers and i have even had the opportunity to test them out as both these av receivers are marantz flagships .
It was an honor actually to get to test them out as they are both powerful av receivers but as always one has to come out on top and from my findings i guess this is the overall score i give each one of them respectively ,marantz sr7013 81 and marantz sr 6013 76.
How i came to these scores you ask well following is the overview of each av receiver.
On the overview i will compare marantz sr6013 vs marantz sr 7013, i will reveal the strengths and weaknesses that they have in commom as well a the things that sets them apart , like the differences that they have that will help you to choose which one suits you best before you can go and finally purchase.
In terms of channels they have something in common as they both have 9 channel amplifiers but the marantz sr7013 seems to be much more powerful than the latter.
The highlights are as follows:
- Marantz sr7013 has got the following features 9.2 channels,
- It works on 125 Watts (8 Ω, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 2 channel driven),
- It includes Dolby Atmos, DTS:X,
- Auro 3D capable
- It also features HDR10,
- Dolby Vision,
- 4K Upscaling,
- 4K Passthrough.
- It has got AirPlay 2,
- Has in terms of wireless connections HEOS Ethernet,
- Bluetooth and also includes a USB port and Phono inputs.
On the other hand the marantz sr 6013 has the following features:
- 9.2 channels,
- It works on 110 Watts (8 Ω, 20 Hz – 20 kHz,
- 2 channel driven),
- Comes with Dolby Atmos,
- DTS:X capable,
- Dolby Vision,
- 4K Upscaling,
- 4K Passthrough,
- also AirPlay 2,
- HEOS and in terms on wireless connectivity it’s not that different as well as it also comes with Ethernet,
- Bluetooth and a USB and Phono inputs.
As you can see from the features the reason sr 7013 gets the higher score based on the specifications of the amplifier, the audio and video feature, the connectivity, the caabilities of the multizone , the radio and all the other details that you can see above.But dont be too quick to write sr6013 yet,it also has some things on its favour like the prizing, it does not come with a huge prize tag like the sr 7013.
The following are the pros and cons of both the av receivers , the pros are what gives the av receiver an added advantage while the cons are the downside, mostly these come from consumers who have had first hand experience with the receivers.
Marantz Sr6013 AVR Pros
- it comes with a very good price as i mentioned above
- it has got support for dolby atmos
- suports 11 channels 9 of which are powered
- the customer suort is very polite so you kind get help sooner
- Most consumers have said it has got tons of flexibility and capability
- the setup is ver straightforward considering all the configeration that is required.
- it has got premium component quality
- it has got great power and inputs
- the dolby atmos speakers it sound very good
- it has got great sound and also comonent quality
- it as got a very clean atrractive morden look
- it has decent menu overlays on its display
- it also comes with decent internal circulaton fans for the ams
- the firmware update breaks very easy so it needs to be handled with caution
- the menu it comes with is a bit glitchy so not too many people can ready it and understand.
- customers have complained that it rather gets warm too quickly so you might consider adding an ac infinity
- it is not very intuitive some customers have claied
- it has got redundant sound settings sets some custmers have said
- it has got a very low frequency for Audessey and sorround and it requires plenty of time to play and to set it u to your liking for all sources
- it only has a single smallb lcd display for such a powerful av receiver
Marantz AVR sr7013 Pros
- The greatest pro for Marantz sr 7013 is that it has got maximum channel processing.
- It works with amazon alexa
- It has got multi channel input
- It has got the pandora feature
- It has got spotify
- It is easy to start using
- It also has got sirius xm internet radio
- It has got tidal, ethernet, analog pre outs, many hdmi inputs and of course it also has got 4k passthrough
- It has got no front wide channel
- It has got no doiby atmos height visualisation
- It has no mhl input
- It has no fire connect also it doe notcome with flare connect
- It has got no chromecast buildin which is a major downside for av receiver fanatics like me
- It does work with sonos and it has got no toroidal transformer
Now that i have outlined the pros and cons the following are their strengths and weaknesses and also what they might have in common in terms of the strengths and weaknesses.
The Common Strengths Of Marantz SR7013 And Marantz SR6013
Strength SR6013 SR7013
- Maximum Channel 11.2 11.2 Processing
- Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 7.1.4
- dts 😡 7.1.4 7.1.4
- dts neural: x yes
- dts virtual: x yes
- HDR 10 yes
- dolby vision yes
- hybrid log gama yes
- dlna 1.5 yes
- heos yes
- works with amazon
- Ethernet yes
- wi-fi yes
- Bluetooth yes
- pandora yes
- Spotify yes
- tidal yes
- Deezer yes
- Napster yes
- Sirius XM
Internet radio yes
- DSD via HDMI yes
- DSD via USB yes
- 4k passthrough yes
- 4k upscaling yes
- Several HDMI inputs yes
- USB input yes
- Internet radio yes
Those are their common strenghts now for their common weaknesses
Common Weaknesses Of Marantz SR6013 And Marantz SR7013
Weakness SR6013 SR7013
- Dolby atmos height
- visualization no no
- front wide channel
support no no
- toroidal transformer no (el) no (el)
- work with sonos no no
- chromecast built in no no
- fire connect no no
- mhl input no no
- front wide
- channel support no no
Why Marantz sr7013 is rated or scored better than sr6013 since they have so many similarities you ask yourself ?
On the following section, i will outline in detail the features and some specifications which are the reason why I came to the conclusion that Marantz sr7013 is better than Marantz sr6013 despite their common strengths and common weaknesses.
- Marantz sr7013 has got a built-in 3d with aero -Matic mixer while sr 6013 does not have it.
- Marantz sr 7013 has got bass sync, while sr6013 does not have it.
- Marantz sr7013 has got 3 component video inputs and also 3 zones while Marantz sr6013 has got only 2 component video inputs and zones
- sr7013 seems to have more powered zones it has got 2 and 3 while sr6013 has got only 2
- in terms of the zone, two outs sr70 13 has got HDMI, Component, Composite, Pre Out while sr6013 has got only HDMI, Pre Out
- sr7013 has got higher power output at 125 W 0.05% THD while sr 6013 sits a little lower at 110 W 0.08% THD and this includes all 3 channels out of all the 9 channels that the sr7013 has got.