1. Our Commitment to Privacy.
2. What Information is Collected?
(a) Information You Provide to Us:
We collect the Personally Identifiable Information you choose to enter on various pages of our site, or that you may choose to give us in some other way (such as by email, physical mail, or by telephone).
For example, you will be asked to provide Personally Identifiable Information when you register for access to certain portions of our site, sign up for newsletters or mailings, or make a purchase.
The categories of Personally Identifiable Information we collect are your first and last name, e-mail address, physical address, and telephone number.
You can choose not to provide certain information, but you may not be able to take advantage of our services and features.
(b) Automatic Information:
When you visit a website, you disclose certain information, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the time of your visit. This site, like many other sites, records this basic information about visits to our site.
Cookies are pieces of information that are transferred to your computer from a web server.
Most browsers are set up to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to have your browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or you can change your settings to refuse to accept cookies.
3. How and When the Information is Used. The information we collect is used for administering our business activities as follows:
(a) to improve the content of our site;
(b) to customize the content and/or layout of site pages for each individual visitor;
(c) used to notify consumers about updates to our Web site;
(d) shared with other reputable organizations to help them contact consumers for marketing purposes;
(e) used by us to contact consumers for marketing purposes.
4. How We Protect Your Information.
The privacy and protection of your information is important to us. We offer some of our services in connection with other web sites. The affiliated sites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
Your access to some services and content is password protected. We advise that you do not disclose your password to anyone. Besides, we recommend you sign out of password-protected services at the end of your session.
You should also be aware that if you voluntarily disclose Personal Identifiable Information on message boards or in chat areas, that information can be viewed publicly and collected and used by third parties without our knowledge and may result in unsolicited messages from other individuals or third parties. Such activities are beyond our control and this policy.
5. Who Has Access to the Information.
Information about our users is important to us. Access to your information may be provided to third parties who provide technical support for our site’s operation. We may also sell our business or buy, merge, or partner with other companies or businesses.
In such transactions, user information may be transferred along with other assets. We may also disclose your information in response to a court order and we may disclose your information when we believe we are required to do so by law.
We may disclose your information in connection with the collection of amounts you may owe to us and to law enforcement authorities whenever we deem it appropriate or necessary. Please note we may not provide you with notice prior to disclosure.
This section explains in detail which third party cookies you might encounter through this site.
- This site uses Google Analytics, one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web to help us understand how you use the site and ways to improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages you visit to continue to produce engaging content.For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you.For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
- If you need more information on how Google handles your data, please check this page: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
- Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
Amazon Associates Program
We are also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services, LLC. This content is provided ‘as is’ and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Amazon automatically receives your IP address through links and may use other technologies (such as log files or cookies) to personalize content you see or measure advertising effectiveness. backyardgadget.com does not have control over this, please see Amazon.com Privacy Notice for more detailed information
6. Methods We Use to Protect Your Information.
We use security software to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. In addition, our business practices are reviewed periodically for compliance with policies and procedures governing the security and confidentiality of our information.
Our business practices limit employee access to confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons.
This website does not provide services or sell products to children under the age of 18. If we discover we have received any information from a child under the age of 18 in violation of this policy, we will delete that information immediately. If you believe we have received any information from or about anyone under the age of 18, please contact us at the address listed below.
8. How You Can Access Your Information.
You can request access to all your personally identifiable information maintained by us by sending an e-mail to us at the address listed below. Upon request we offer you the ability to have inaccuracies corrected in your personally identifiable information. You can have this information corrected by sending us an e-mail at the address listed below.
11. Effective Date.
12. Contact E-Mail.