If you are considering your options for the best gaming keyboard between Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo and Logitech G513, it likely shows how committed and invested you are to getting an excellent mechanical keyboard packed with rich features. But, which one is better when you compare Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo vs. Logitech G513 gaming keyboard?
The Roccat Vulcan Keyboard stands out as the best gaming keyboard as it comes packed with feature-rich capabilities you will generally find in product lines considered to be more premium-priced than the Logitech G513.
The biggest difference when you compare Roccat Vulcan and Logitech G513 keyboard is the detachable leatherette RGB wrist rest.
Free shipping1 new from $159.99
as of August 11, 2021 2:07 pm
Free shipping3 new from $129.99
2 used from $84.99
as of August 11, 2021 2:07 pm
- Technology - Switch bounce is reduced thanks to premium components, allowing firmware to...
- Durability - A sturdy black anodized aluminum top plate with the removable ergonomic palm rest...
- Illumination - Powered by the AIMO intelligent lighting system, long-life LEDs coupled with...
- Media keys - mixer-style media keys and wheel with integrated leds add a level of sophisticated...
- Personalize lighting for each individual key, customize lighting effects, and enjoy in-game...
- Gx brown is a traditional mechanical switch providing discernible actuation for gamers who prefer...
- Memory foam rest quickly and fully recovers from pressure So every use is as comfortable as the...
- Aircraft-grade 5052 aluminum top case is anodized and brushed For a slim, premium design plus...
Whether you spend most of your time in your office, or you are a gamer, it is important to buy computer peripherals that will suit your most computer usage on a daily basis.
The ROCCAT Vulcan 120 AIMO and the Logitech G513 are both great additions for users that are looking to upgrade their experience.
They are well-built and they come with a lot of features, with low profile keys and great RGB lighting.
You might be looking for a versatile keyboard that will have switches and extended buttons- anything that will make navigation easy. Or you might want a keyboard that will light up and make you stand out. If this sounds like you, you have come to the right place.
In this article, we will be talking about the design and performance of the Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo and the Logitech G513, to give you a side-by-side comparison on which one of these you can choose. So, let’s get into it.
Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo
Coming with a unique design and style, the ROCCAT Vulcan 120 AIMO is an excellent gaming keyboard. Besides its versatility, there are so many reasons to love this keyboard.
First of all, it’s well-built and has a unique look with low profile keys and great RGB lighting (which you will definitely love).
Also, it has great, silent switches that offer great tactile feedback.
The pre-travel distance which many gaming expeerts consider to be standard is impressively one to watch as it makes the keys feel light.
You will also notice how better the board feels as it is uniquely well-made and with low profile keycaps and full RGB lighting makes for a good keyboard even in low lighting settings.
Its overall typing experience is great as it allows you to program macros on just about any key. The overall RGB backlighting looks stunning and it can really light up the room.
The Logitech G513, on the other hand, is a great keyboard for users that are looking for something classy, yet affordable.
With RGB lighting, the Logitech G513 came as an update of the good old Logitech G413.
The best noticeable difference is the palm rest linear key switch and the per-key RGB lighting.
This transformation brings around a fully-featured keyboard in a frame that’s just as compact and streamlined as ever before.
Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo
Coming with a magnetic wrist rest, the Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo measures at a height of 1.3 inches (3.2 cm), width of 18.2 inches (46.2 cm), a depth of 6.3 inches (15.9 cm) and a weight of 2.0 pounds (which is 0.9 kg).
From the dimensions, this is quite a big keyboard. While this might be the case, it is actually the wrist rest that can really occupy a lot of space on your desk. Since it is light in weight, it should be easy to carry around. Also, it is detachable, which gives you the freedom to remove it whenever you don’t need it.
As we said in the short overview, the ROCCAT Vulcan 120 AIMO has a full RGB backlight. The best part about this is that you can actually control the brightness of the keyboard backlighting, all this on the keyboard itself. Thanks to the transparent casing of the switches and the low profile keys.
On top of this, the Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo keyboard comes with customizable features. You have the media control keys like play/pause and back/forward. Other keys are the dedicated keys for muting sound and a jog that can be used to control the volume, or the brightness level of the backlight.
Lastly, you have the Game Mode function, which you can enable with just one key. With this feature, you can temporarily disable your windows key while you game. This avoids those moments when you accidentally press the windows key and it minimizes the whole game.
Built with a very strong plastic frame, the Logitech G513 is one of the most durable pieces of peripherals that you can find. Its material actually consists of a sheet of aircraft-grade 5052 aluminum.
The G513’s design makes it a lot easier for you to clean it up. Its design features floating keycaps. With a can of compressed air you should be able to take care of the dust and those bread crumbs from your sandwich.
Unlike the old G413, this new keyboard also comes with a customizable lighting system. As we said earlier, it features a per key RGB system. With this feature, you are able to enjoy an amazing looking keyboard that will illuminate your gaming world.
Speaking of illumination, Logitech G513 also integrates a new feature called LightSync Technology. This is a new feature that allows you to synchronize lighting effects on your gaming setup. With this, the lights will be changing according to the way you synchronized them. All in all, the illumination is breathtaking.
Besides the lighting effects, can this keyboard really make your experience comfortable? Well, absolutely. The Logitech G513 has a leatherette palm rest and it comes with memory foam. On top of that, the foam is noticeably larger in size. This makes it suitable for all types of hand sizes.
Lastly, we have the USB connectivity availability. Despite the introduction as well as the popularity of the USB 3.0 systems, the Logitech G513 still runs off the old USB 2.0.
Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo
In terms of the performance, the Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo has a lot in store for you. It features ROCCAT proprietary Titan switches, just as I said before.
These silent switches are closely identical to those in other models like the Cherry MX Brown switches.
Also, the keyboard has a noticeable bump before its actuation force. While this may be so, the keyboard doesn’t need a lot of force to keep the keys functioning.
For typists out there, I’m sure this is the part you have been waiting for. When you are typing on the 120 Aimo, it is said to feel a bit unusual at first usage. This is because the keyboard is very low along with the keycaps.
In addition to that, the space bar is somewhat unstable and it may also feel a little too high. Despite these factors, you will become fond of this keyboard in no time.
The Roccat Vulcan keyboard generally comes with its own software called ROCCAT SWARM and it features an Onboard Memory. You can create up to four different profiles with different key bindings, lighting effects and many more.
What about compatibility? The Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo is fully compatible with Windows but it does’t support Android, iOS or iPadOS at all. However, it only partially accepts Linux and of course, macOS.
The partial compatibility here simply means that I won’t be able to customize it. For instance, some keys will work while some won’t. If you have a macOS system, be sure to check out compatible keyboards.
The performance in the G513 is like no other. First of all, this keyboard has a boxy type of build of the underlying mechanism. This is why each key press triggers so evenly.
Also, this keyboard honors the introduction of Logitech’s Romer-G Linear switch. This switch gives you a faster, smoother and of course, quieter keystroke each and every time. This makes the Logitech G513 a suitable choice for typists, like most of us.
Besides the speed and quiet typing, you will also enjoy a faster response in your gaming experience. To find something as suitable for typists and gamers really isn’t easy. The Logitech G513 hands all those properties to you, faultlessly.
Pros and Cons
In this next section, I want to take you through some of the Pros and Cons of having either of these two gaming keyboards. After all, nobody’s perfect, right?
Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo
- The Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo keyboard comes with one of the best designs so far, especially when compared to other costly and stylish keyboards.
- This keyboard has a unique look, meaning that it is hard to find. Also, it’s built with low profile keys as well as transparent switch casings.
- Without a doubt, the Roccat keyboard offers a smooth and easy typing experience, particularly because the keyboard has very customizable and silent.
- Sadly, the Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo doesn’t come in a wide range of switches…
- While it may have soft and efficient keys, these factors just aren’t enough to improve your typing experience. This keyboard doesn’t offer a wrist rest.
- The Logitech G513 is superior to the Cherry MX Red, which makes the G513 stand out and apart.
- Unlike the Roccat Vulcan 120 model, the Logitech G513 comes with a plush palm rest, which you will enjoy if you spend most of your time typing.
- The RGB lighting in the Vulcan 120 looks amazing
- This goes saying, the Logitech G513 is a lot pricier than the previous Logitech G413 keyboard. So, if you aren’t ready to invest in a $200+ gaming keyboard, you probably should go for the last G413 model, or you can check out amazon for other great deals.
- As we mentioned earlier, the keyboard still runs on USB 2.0. This is considered to be slower than the USB 3.0 system. As an update, you would expect Logitech G513 to take on a new and faster performance.
- Unlike the fully customizable Roccat Vulcan, the Logitech G513 doesn’t come with dedicated media shortcuts. With them, you are able to change music tracks and many other things.